- Where do you give grants? The Fieldstone Foundation gives grants in Orange County and San Diego County in Southern California.
- Do you accept letters of intent? The Foundation’s grantmaking process is by invitation only. Nonprofits must be invited by staff to submit a proposal. Please read How to Initiate a Proposal to learn more about the process.
- Does the Foundation provide international grants? The Foundation does not give internationally. All grants awarded are for domestic organizations operating in the United States.
- Does The Fieldstone Foundation sponsor tables at fundraisers, galas and other events? The Foundation does not usually sponsor events. Special events fall outside the Foundation’s grantmaking focus.
- Does the Foundation fund multi-year initiatives? The Foundation does not provide multi-year funding. However, an organization may apply again to continue funding for the same project.
- Can our organization apply again after being funded in previous years? The Fieldstone Foundation seeks to build long-term partnerships with nonprofits. Receiving funds in past years does not preclude a nonprofit from trying to initiate a proposal from The Fieldstone Foundation, nor does it keep you from being invited in successive years.
- Does the Foundation provide general operating or capacity building grants? The Fieldstone Foundation provides general operating support and capacity building grants.
- Can the Foundation donate a house for my organization to raffle? No, the Foundation does not have jurisdiction over products or services offered by the Fieldstone Group of Companies. Therefore, we cannot offer house donations or donations of any other Fieldstone product.
- Do you give to individuals? The Fieldstone Foundation can only give to qualified 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Are the Learning Groups available to all nonprofits? Yes! All nonprofit executives and emerging leaders who are senior managers are able to participate as long as a program is offered in your geographic area.
- Are there scholarships available to participate in the Leadership Network programs? The Foundation underwrites the majority of the costs associated with these programs in order to make them accessible and affordable for nonprofit leaders. Therefore, additional scholarships are not provided.
- Can I participate in a learning group even though my boss does not support the idea? The Leadership Network is meant to have both personal and organizational impact. Therefore, support from your organization’s leadership is needed to participate.
- Is there Executive Coaching available to senior managers and emerging leaders? Yes! The Coaching Network currently serves executive directors, and qualified senior managers.
- Where do you offer your Leadership Network program? The Leadership Network programs are offered in Orange and San Diego Counties in California.
- Does participation in the Leadership Network automatically lead to a grant? No. The Leadership Network is offered to all nonprofit organizations and not all nonprofit organizations fit the giving guidelines of the Foundation.